In honor of National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day on October 21st.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
2 Sticks (One Cup) butter
2 1/2 Cups flour
1 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup pumpkin (canned or fresh pureed)
1/2 Cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/3 tsp. salt
8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 Cup sugar
1/4 Cup canned pumpkin
1 TBS. corn starch
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
• In a mixing bowl, beat ingredients until very smooth.
• Set aside and prepare cake batter.
• Pour into glass dish on top of batter as described in cake
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and beat well.
4. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
5. Mix in pumpkin and sour cream. Blend thoroughly until smooth.
6. Pour 1/2 of batter into a buttered 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
7. Add the filling mix, spreading the batter evenly in the dish.
8. Add remaining batter and lightly swirl into filling.
9. Bake for 50 - 55 minutes.
10. Allow to cool.